Chicago Manufacturing Renaissance Council
A unique development partnership inspiring nationwide replication efforts
The Chicago MRC is a coalition of business, labor, government, education, and community leaders working to make Chicago the global leader in advanced manufacturing. The Chicago MRC is the first demonstration project of Manufacturing Renaissance’s Manufacturing Renaissance Council (MRC) development model.
The partnership formed in 2005 when Manufacturing Renaissance joined forces with 10 unlikely allies including the City of Chicago, Tooling & Manufacturing Association, and Chicago Federation of Labor. Manufacturing Renaissance serves as the Chicago MRC’s managing partner.
- Dan Swinney, Executive Director
- Rita Athas, World Business Chicago
- David Hanson
- Michael Jasso, City of Chicago Department of Housing and Economic Development
- Steven Kersten, WaterSaver Faucet Company
- Joe Pijanowski, International Association of Machinists Local 126
- Jorge Ramirez, Chicago Federation of Labor
Today the Chicago MRC is a leading voice on regional development and education policy. Its partners operate internationally recognized programs, including a network of community-building initiatives focused around the Austin neighborhood on Chicago’s West Side.
Policy Focus Areas
- Austin Polytech Career Program
- Austin Manufacturing Training Center
- Austin Innovation Park
To learn more or get involved, contact Dan Swinney at email@example.com or (773) 278-5418.