The National MRC has led congressional policy briefings for the US House of Representatives and House Manufacturing Caucus.
National Manufacturing Renaissance Council
Top national leaders championing advanced manufacturing policy and investment
The National MRC is a strategic partnership of public and private sector partners committed to supporting U.S. advanced manufacturing: the design and production of complex, value-added goods such as medical equipment, aerospace technology, or highly specialized product components. Manufacturing Renaissance serves as the National MRC’s fiscal sponsor and managing partner.
- Dan Swinney – Manufacturing Renaissance
- Leonard McKinnis – Manufacturing Renaissance
- Pam Hurt – Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Saroya Friedman-Gonzales- National Urban League
- Mike Egan – California Teachers Association
- Jennifer McNelly – The Manufacturing Institute
- Brad Markell – AFL-CIO Industrial Union Council
- Jim Wall – National Institute of Metalworking Skills
- William Jones – Focus Hope
- Jody Franklin – The Brookings Institution
- Tim McNulty – Carnegie Mellon University
- Linda Collins – Career Ladders
- Don Hutchinson – Macomb Community College
In addition to national thought leadership efforts around advanced manufacturing and workforce development, the National MRC also acts as the umbrella organization for a network of regionally focused Manufacturing Renaissance Council (MRC) development partnerships. Pioneered in Chicago, the MRC model unites business, labor, government, education, and community leaders in operating programs to support their regional advanced manufacturing sectors.
- The United States must be the global leader in advanced manufacturing.
- Our continued competitiveness depends on strategic partnerships of business, labor, government, education, and community leaders.
- A world-class educational system is a fundamental requirement for a strong advanced manufacturing sector.
- A strong advanced manufacturing sector builds communities and a broad middle class, and can drastically reduce poverty.